I love to pick up Local Honey. Its even better when its Raw and unstrained. Its AMAZING how many things you can use honey for...
Really!!!, it’s been used for centuries for its healing properties, as well as its sweetness. People use it to bake with. It requires you to use less heat. Its tasty flavor is one reason many people prefer it over table sugar. Besides that, honey is much sweeter than regular sugar and better for you. And even better than that alternative fake sugar that causes cancer. Count me out of that Splenda stuff.
It’s best if you buy locally grown organic raw honey whenever you can. Locally grown because it’s produced by bees which are from the area and environment you live in. It is always best to grow or consume foods from the area in which you live as they contain the immune stimulating properties needed for your body to adapt to its environment. The Honey carries all the moulds, allergens, and pollen you may be allergic to. What it does is build up an immunity in your system to all the things that cause you to sneeze and get sick.
Raw honey contains 27 minerals, 22 amino acids and 5,000 live enzymes. It keeps you healthy by fighting disease and boosting the digestive system. One daily spoonful is all that is needed to reap these benefits.
Its also a great remedy for many other things.....
*Taking organic raw honey is a healthy way to get an energy boost. Its carbohydrates supply us with energy and strength. It can boost your endurance and reduce muscle fatigue. Sounds like a great gym bag find.
*Honey is a great aid in relieving morning sickness, reportedly even more effective than traditional soda crackers and ginger ale. It’s also good for sore throats including laryngitis and pharyngitis and makes a great soothing drink when mixed in hot water w/lemon.
*Honey and cinnamon can help in many areas including relief from bladder infections, arthritis, upset stomach and bad breath. It’s even supposed to be able to slow down hair loss. Theres a million shampoo recipes on line with honey in them if you want to make your own. It also makes a great Face mask, skin conditioner, bath soak,....etc
*Raw honey can be used as a medication for men with problems of impotence and women with problems related to infertility. Warm raw goat milk and raw honey is believed to increase sperm count considerably.
*A salve made of honey, for diabetic ulcers, has been proven effective when other topical antibiotics are not well tolerated. It can be applied to eczema, canker sores or bleeding gums.
*Honey and apple cider vinegar can be used for many ailments like stomach aches, constipation and even migraines.
*Honey has been used to treat wounds for thousands of years. The antiseptic properties of honey will clean wounds and inhibit bacterial growth. Its natural antibiotic and antibacterial properties aid in treating cuts and burns. (1st and 2nd degree)...(Check out my blog on burns) It promotes healing, reduces swelling and prevents infections.
*Honey and lemon goes to work in the body shifting the extra fat stores, making it usable energy for regular body functions. And, honey is cholesterol-free. Yeah! ...It reportedly can even help to keep cholesterol levels in check. (Dad...Are you reading this)
*Raw honey has a gritty texture due to its low water content. It also establishes a poor environment for bad bacteria to grow, and is a good natural preservative.
The Bible even tells you to eat honey!
“My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste” Proverbs 24:13
Heres a few Beauty tips I thought you'd enjoy, Try em out and see how fun honey can be....
Honey as a Beauty Aid
- Cleansing Scrub: Honey mixed with ground almonds makes an excellent facial cleansing scrub.
- Skin Firming Mask: A tablespoon of honey whisked together with an egg white, 1 teaspoon of glycerin and about 1/4 cup of flour makes an excellent firming mask. Just smooth on the face, leave on 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water. You will be pleased with the results.
- Skin Moisturizer: Honey also makes a great moisturizing pack. Just mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 teaspoons of whole milk, smooth over the face and throat, and let it do its job for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, and finish splashing with cold water.
- Lotion for Dry Patches: Honey also makes a great lotion for dry patches of skin on hands, elbows, or other parts. Just mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply to hands, elbows, heels of your foot, etc., and wash off after 15 minutes. Fast relief!
- Cure for Chapped Lips and Acne: Honey works well on chapped lips and for acne because it has antibacterial properties.
- Conditioner for Dull Hair: To give your hair lustrous shine, mix 1 teaspoon of honey into 4 cups of warm water. Use as a hair rinse. And if you're a blond, add the juice of 1 lemon, too.
- Antibacterial Mouthwash: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with a cup of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash. Honey cleans teeth and dentures, and kills germs in the mouth.
Thank you reading all about Raw Honey. I hope this sweet little tid bit helps you find new and exciting uses w/honey for your organically grown family.