Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Essentially Healthy Aromatherapy, (Essential Oils)

When I was in college for nursing, I learned a great many things. Things that have influenced my life now, The way I raise my kids. Going thru those classes and semesters of different medical Approach,...showed me things I would have never known. I studied Chinese Medicine, Accupuncture/Accupressure, Hollistic Medicine, Herbs, And Essential Oils.





The Oil part of my education was based on the use of them in therapy. Therapy for the body or Mind, Sports, Physical, Occupational, Speech. It didnt matter the cause, The outcome could all be greater than Science gave it. Greater Than doctors, and labcoats, tweeking our medication. Giving us an injection for this pain, and a cream for that pain, and a sedative for something else, and then 5 more medications because they needed to mask the side effects of the injection and cream. I refuse to subject my children to that. "Heres a flu shot that may or may not prevent you from getting ill. And the side effects will be unknown for now because we are slowly poisoning you with mercury and antifreeze. But please bring your kid back next year to get another one"

PARENTS- DID YOU KNOW THAT EVERY YEAR THE FLU CHANGES, EVERY SINGLE YEAR THE FLU MORPHS INTO A NEW STRAIN.
WHEN YOU GO INTO THE DOCTORS TO GET YOUR ANNUAL FLU SHOT YOU ARE GETTING A SHOT THAT HAS 3 DIFFERENT STRAINS IN IT.

ITS 2012 AND YOURE ABOUT TO RECIEVE AN INJECTION THAT HAS THE LIVE CULTURES OF 1975, 1983, AND 2001.

Does this make sense? Would you go in and let them put unknown (to you) things into your body, when you're not even really protected.

Have you ever takin the time to read the CDC's list of possible outcomes, and actual side effects before you innoculated your kids?

Anyways, Im getting off course here.

So in Nursing School I learned that Essential Oils, Which are the natural oils derived from natural plants, are actually quite amazing.
They help with so many things, headaches, nerves, pain, nausea, etc....


Take a look below for some examples.







Is there anything you smell that just takes you somewhere else entirely??
For me its Chocolate... lol, Just kidding.

Its the rain. I can smell a storm coming a mile away. I love that smell of fresh rain in the clouds. To me, It smells like heaven. Like all that water is pushing the surface of those clouds, building up, and just waiting to explode onto the earth. Its clean, It fresh, .... The whole world around becomes my own little day dream. When I smell Rain coming, I for some reason have to drop my head back, close my eyes, and just inhale. It changes my mood, it fills my lungs, and then I usually get the urge to put on as little clothes as possible and work in it. I love the way rain feels on a Hot summer day, bouncing off your cheeks and legs.

For me, it would be the rain,....
(PS It just started raining)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Essential Oils have the ability to do that also.

Did you know that many Doctors will tell you not to waste your money on Baby Shampoo. Johnson and Johnson (sorry J&J)... Your new baby doesnt need to be cleaned with conventional soaps. They already smell Heavenly for no apparent reason, when theyre born. And they cannot walk or crawl, So why wash them with a bunch of chemicals and perfumes. Your pediatrician will tell you to just wipe them down with a warm cloth.

Now if your like me I had to have the Wash with Lavender and Chamomile. I swore it made the babies sleep better. And if they slept,.... That meant Mommy Slept. And if Mommy slpet, well than the world didnt stop turning. ( This was before college, and the apparent educated decisions)

When I had my 3rd child in 2007, I learned could give her the same bath, only better, healthier, and cheaper. So instead of baby wash and perfumes, I went and bought Oils. I ran her little newborn bottom a bath, (after the belly button healed of course) And added a few drops of Lavender to her tub. Thats it. You thought J&J smelled good, well the real thing is even better. And she slept even better. In fact when she was fussy Id do it to. The Lavender calms and soothes,  Basil takes away migraines, Stops them in their tracks, Eucalyptus prevents flea from attacking your pets, and is very useful when you have a head cold or bronchitis. So is Lavender, Rosemary, Peppermint, & Cedarwood Myrtle.(For Lung issues.)

Essential Oils have so many uses. (Dont Eat them unless directed,) In that case you would put your oil into a tincture which would be in a base drink, water, juice, etc. And take as instructed by your doctor or an herbalist. Or if youve studied and have knowledge of the oils compounds and effects.

Your oils can be used in Diffusers too.







Oil are used to prevent flus, to be an antibacterial, antifungal, or anti microbial...

Heres a great recipe for Hand Sanitizer.

Homemade Hollistic Hand Sanitizer.

You'll need
*Unscented basic lotion from Health food store.
*E.O-Melissa, Thyme Thujanol, Lavender.


Pour lotion into a bowl

Add 1 drop of "Melissa Oil" (antiviral)
Add 5 drops of "Thyme Thujanol Oil" (antibacterial)
Add 6 drops of "Lavender Oil" (antifungal)

Blend with your stirring stick.
Put your lotion in a ziploc bag and cut the tip off. Squeeze into the bottle. And enjoy.

You now have an alcohol free hand sanitizer that is healthy and easy on your hands. 

The blend of essential oils in good for your body, your skin, and has a wonderful scent.





Heres another Recipe. This calms the nervous system and changes an upsetting mood

The Burnout Prevention Blend!

You'll need
*Empty Bottle from Oils section & A Carrier Oil...

4 drops of Basil into bottle. (Shifts Brain Wave activity)
5 drops of Lemon. (helps even out Blood Sugar)
6 drops of Cypress, (Its an evergreen from the mediteranean)

*Carrier Oil- Apricot Kernal Oil. (You could use, Olive, Jojoba, Sweet Almond Oil.)

Fill the remainder of the bottle with your carrier oil, and roll your bottle to mix.

Enjoy your uplifting body oil. Rub on and inhale when you feel low, anger, or irritated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Used in defuser, Oils can fill your home with soothing fragrance and Aromatherapy.
Used in lotions or Carrier Oils, They can be rubbed into your skin to heal ailment, and pains.

Herbs and oils are the base ingredient in most of our pharmacuetical drugs, They are in our soaps, and detergents, and in our yard. They grow wild everywhere.
I suggest you find your favorites, keep them on hand or plant them outside to have whenever you need.

Thank you for listening, I hope you learned some amazing things and that you might venture out and try aromatherapy or Essential Oils.

Thanks for Reading, I Pray you get the oppurtunity to Organically Raise Your Family...

No comments:

Post a Comment