Friday, March 9, 2012

My under arms are irritating the hell out of me.

Ok, So Im turning out to be the worst blogger ever, It seems almost easier to take a picture of my newest venture and post to my wall on Facebook, along with a little caption that says, "Look what I did".

I dont imagine that this blog has changed anyones life or that anyone actually trys to walk down this path of sheer craziness with me. I do however believe that this is where my wonderful California friends come to read about my newest crazy scheme, lol, or people stumble upon this blog while bored.
I do it all the time, blog surf, when Im bored...:)

But Ill continue to do this, Because I believe someone, somewhere, someday will read a post, try it, and BAM....they will be forever changed. And maybe it'll be this post...

Im not shy. Ill usually talk about anything! Best part is you cant see me typing this, and you i don't have to face anyone while their face turns beet red. lol

My armpits are irritating the hell out of me. I hate dislike deodorant. I hate dislike the way it feels when im hot, I hate dislike the way it rubs on all my shirts and leaves that annoying white streak or potential deodorant stain, I hate, dislike, NO...I hate the way I have had to change brands a hundred times because supposedly my pH balance had altered due to tiny humans being created in my girly organs. Didn't see that one coming. I expected hemorrhoids, heartburn, & stretchmarks, But to still be having armpit trouble 5 years later....Come on.

Ive tried and tossed,
*Soft & Dry
*Secret
*Degree
*Teen Spirit
*Suave
*Dove
*Sure
*Right Guard

They work for about a month and then Id start sweating again. So Id change brands yet again or go back to an old one. (I currently have 4 different sticks in the drawer.) And no matter what I used, I always felt like a horse looks, you know when you remove the saddle and saddle pads and under all the harnesses they have that frothy white sweat,....Mmmmmmm.
Little did I know that the aluminum in deodorant is bad for you and that my pores were being clogged, which is why I was sweating more and more. (Girls dont sweat, they glisten)Right?!


Wait Ladies,...Do we eve know whats in Deodorant????
Ok class, Pay attention.

There are 7 ingredients to avoid(that are in your deodorant)

Aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly or any aluminum compounds. Aluminum is absorbed through the skin and accumulates in the body and in the blood stream. ewwww. It has been suggested that there is an association between aluminum and Alzheimer’s disease.



Parabens (methyl, ethyl, propyl, benzyl and butyl), are all derived from toluene, a toxic petrochemical derivative. Toluene is toxic if swallowed or inhaled. (These Parabens are in almost everything in the beauty world, Your perfumes, Shampoo, Soaps, Bath Oils.) It is also harmful in contact with the skin. There is some evidence that repeated exposure to toluene may cause reproductive harm. Since 2000, 13 research studies have shown that various types of parabens act like estrogen in animals and in tissue culture. Estrogen is known to drive the growth of cancerous cells.

Especially in BREASTS, Ladies. And where does the deodorant sit all day??? One inch from your breast. Scary huh. Whats even more scary,.... You've been using it since 5th grade sex ed class. Remember when you got that first tiny bottle. You took it home with your STD packet and your single use condom.?.... Awesome, I don't think I had even sweat yet,... Or had sex. Way to go school system. (Thats a whole nother blog lol)



Well, we have been wearing it since that day. For me that's been 16 years.

Plus- Have you ever noticed if you get deodorant on your hands and it ends up in your mouth it leaves your tongue numb?!?! Wth.

Here's another CUTE FACT: Parabens never leave your body. Every time you squirt, or drench, your skin in those perfumes and body sprays, the parabens and chemicals seep into your blood stream, and they never leave. And yet, hours later you need more. Hmmmm. Point being, These chemicals damage us.

And just some food for thought: Every bit of the blood in your body runs through your heart and lungs and is filtered by your liver. So imagine your blood traveling around, leaving deadly chemicals in your arteries, and a few in your lungs, and a few more in your liver. These toxins build up over the years, Until ....finally.....you get cancer and die.

True Story. :-) End of story.

So Back to the blog,
The more deodorant I used the worse I sweat.
I decided to go off of it for a while. No deodorant!!
I mean why not, I quit using shampoo. Might as well be gross all around. LOL. Just joking. And PS, I use an Organic Gluten free Shampoo now. Its freaking amazing....

So The first few days I noticed I sweat. A little more than I would like. Then after about 3 days, I quit. I didn't sweat at all. And when i did "Glisten" I didn't get that sticky wet feeling. And best of all, My B.O. was gone. Not that I had BO before, but this new exciting form of sweat didn't have a bad smell.
So I started studying. The aluminum actually makes your pits sick and confused, And the deodorant clogs your pores. You have very important Lymph-nodes in your armpits, And shoving a cancer causing and clogging chemical up in there is not a good idea. Once your pits get clogged they sweat even more to try and drain the crap out of there. So you pack on more. Endless expensive cycle.
In fact, when I stayed with my daughter in the hospital last week, They kept the temp so low I would freeze, then we'd get it warmer and Id sweat. I was stressed and living in a sweater and jeans in a reclining chair. So I decided to try my deodorant just once, and within 20 minutes I was sweating and my pores were stinging and burning, Needless to say I had to wash it out.

Now Ive decided I am going to experiment and try to make my own. I technically dont have to wear it at all anymore. Granted Ive only gone through the cooler months without it, But i hardly sweat at all anymore.
I am going to try this so Im prepared for the summer. And for you of course.


~I have everything I need at home to make a simple deodorant.
I would like to use beeswax in it because its amazing for your skin and keeps it solid passed 76 degrees, so later on If i decide to add it, Ill just remelt the deodorant, add it, then resolidify.

You'll need-
5-6 Tbsp Coconut oil
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch
And 1-2 deodorant bottles.

Combine equal portions of baking soda & arrowroot powder/cornstarch. Then slowly add coconut oil and work it in with a spoon/fork until it maintains the substance you desire. (Coconut Oil is solid until it reaches 76 degrees, So you need to take a fork and mush these ingredients together.) It should be about the same texture as the store bought kind, solid but able to be applied easily. You can either scoop this into your old dispensers(make sure that its empty and cleaned, And twisted all the way down) or place in a small container with lid and apply with fingers with each use.
Im also going to be adding about 10 drops of sweet tangerine essential oil for a sweet clean calming scent...And may refrigerate it after its made to really solidify it.
After applying the product, you can just rub the remains into your hands as a lotion! Yeah!

This recipe lasts about 3 - 6 months.

I will take pictures and document it later when I make it so u can have a step by step guide. :-)
Thanks for reading OGIK, time to get busy, Ill see you later.

Ps TGIF!

Yours Truly, Miranda









No comments:

Post a Comment