Friday, March 9, 2012

Homemade Deodorant ...

So as promised I went out into the world And made great things.
(Or into the kitchen to make deodorant)
Either way, I feel good about myself.




I put the Coconut Oil in a pot of hot water to melt it without destroying the content or reaching a smoking point. (this took about 2 minutes)



I used 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 1/4 cup of Baking Soda, And 5 tbsp of Coconut Oil.


Lou Anns Pure Coconut. Im not sure if this is refined or not, however, refined oils or non virgin oils are bleached and tormented so they lose there values.
Look for pure and unrefined.




The mixing process, Melting the oil first helped to incorporate the dry ingredients easier.


Mix, Mix, Mix.
(this took about 3 minutes)


Then I added 8-10 drops of Sweet orange and 5 drops of Lemon Essential Oils.
Lemon is an antifungal and Antibacterial. And the orange is calming and soothing.





As it cools youll notice the consitency begin to change.




Once it thickened to the texture of a warm frosting, I began to drop it in. If it was any thinner it would run out the bottom.



After about 5 minutes this is how it looked.
I then stuck my deodorant in the freezer to completely cool it. 




And here is the finished product. It came out great, set wonderfully, and I am super freakin proud of me.


WaHlah!!


Enjoy. And comment to let me know if you try it, or have any changes, or ideas.

<3 You OGIK.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE OGIK- I Love my deodorant, But as the warmer weather is approaching, I find it a better idea to keep it in the fridge. The next batch I make will be with Beeswax to hold it firmer in warm weather.

    ReplyDelete