Saturday, December 31, 2011

Living Organically starts with eating...

So we touched on how I couldnt Cook, Right...Well I learned,. Within the first year I was a fricken cooking maniac. I give all the thanks to my First child and that whole nesting phase...Well that and My M.I.L's ancient Betty Crocker book. (which has now been passed to me)
I was a three cake a day girl. If we had flour and eggs, Id find something to make. Cakes and Pies were going bad before we could finish them, Thank God we had major counter space, Cuz it was packed!!

By child number two I was officially a chef, I had mastered baking, cooking, Holiday dinners, Brunches, everything!
I loved it. Every dinner is a 4 course deal + bread. Breakfast usually has fried potatoes or cinnamon rolls, and dessert is actually just another meal. LOL.

Anyways, long story short, Once I mastered the cooking thing(out of a box) I moved onto cooking from scratch, growing herbs to add to foods, and making my own bread crumbs...things like that.
It was from there on I started to realize that i didnt know what was in my food.
Take brownies for example... flour cocoa eggs sugar....basic right..
If thats all it took to make them from scratch then why is there so much crap in the box ingredients. I know they have to preserve it, but come on. drop down the shelf life. Anybody know what
Thiamin Mononitrate is?
How about Riboflavin,
Sodium Bicarbonate,
Mono and Diglycerides,
Potassium Sorbate,
Alkali,
Xanthum Gum.

Alkali is an earth bound metal that we find in things like batteries... Hmmm. And the cocoa in the box was processed with it.

Mono and Dyglyceride is a glyceride consisting of two fatty acid chains covalently bonded to a glycerol molecule through ester linkages..

I dont know about you but if I wanted weird chemicals in my food, Id just suck on a rat poison box. Im just saying.
So about 3 years ago I got very serious about not feeding my family any heavily processed foods, preservatives, chemicals, microwavable dinners, etc etc etc.

Its not easy, And I also havent mastered it...
You can do it too, Just changing a few things in your eating habits can really change the way your body and mind work...

Replace cereal 3 times a week (all that sugar and preserves) With plain oatmeal that you create yourself, Get the kids involved, Rolling oats, raisins, brown sugar, molasses, cut up apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. You get the idea.
When your feeding your kids,...you should KNOW EXACTLY whats going into there bodies. They depend on you.
Try whole wheat breads for lunch, .... Forget McDonalds 99 cent menu, Totinos who?
Try a Multi grain Tuna sandwich which a side of fresh peanuts, some carrots or celery with peanut butter.
PS...HERES A MUST KNOW MOMMY TIP!!!!
KNOCK OFF BRANDS OF PEANUT BUTTER ACTUALLY CONTAIN MOLD SPORES AND GO BAD QUICKLY. ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHERE THE OIL SEPARATES! YOUR WHOLE JAR COULD BE PURE MOLD AND YOU WOULDNT EVEN KNOW IT.
STICK TO J.I.F OR PETER PAN ...THE MORE POPULAR BRANDS ...but once again its based on the chemicals inside. Try Almond butter, or natural peanut butter....or Make your own.

You get what Im saying. In one day read the labels of the food you eat and see how many times your left puzzled.......
Imagine just what your putting in your kids...

Living Organically starts with the inside....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment