Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yellow Zucchini Casserole

As promised, here is the recipe for last night.


I Boiled about 16 oz of spinach pasta in a stock pot while i made the sauce.
In a separate skillet, I drizzled about 2 TBS of Sun roasted tomato Olive Oil. Into the oil I added 1 red onion chopped small. 2 pearl onions, and 3-4 cloves of garlic.
I seasoned with oregano, sea salt, and pepper.

(NEXT TIME IM GOING TO ADD BELL PEPPER)

After a few minutes I added 3 yellow zucchini's, slices about 1/4 inch thick.(I peeled and washed it first.)

I let them all saute for about 5 minutes.
Then I added 1 can of diced tomatoes with peppers in it.

After that I stirred in 1 jar of tomato sauce.
And 1 lb of cooked hamburger meat. You can do it with Mutton, or Turkey.
I also chopped up a handful of fresh Parsley and a small clump of fresh Cilantro.

Then I let it all cook together for ten minutes. Add a pinch of Paprika and a little more Sea Salt and Pepper.



It was already so good by this point!!! The Zucchini takes on any flavor you want it to.

Then I added the Pasta to the Pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.



I used a hand full of cheese, but you can use more or less. Or substitute with cream cheese or ricotta.

Then I pored my sauce on top of this and added another handful of cheese.

YUM!!!


Cook it at 350- for about 10-15 minutes just to melt the cheese and heat the pasta through.

Serve with an Organic, fresh Salad & a homemade vinaigrette..


Mine has honey, vinegar, Olive oil, Dijon, And agave.

AND ENJOY. SUPER SIMPLE....CHEAP. AND HEALTHY!














No comments:

Post a Comment